To request a visa letter, please contact Alexis Wirtz.
Getting a Visa
After identifying that a visa is needed, foreign travelers should contact the U.S. Embassy Consulate. Look for posted timeframes on the Internet or call the Consular Section to hear recorded information about visa processing timeframes. Click here for the State Department’s recommended first source of up-to-date visa information.
NPMA recommends following these guidelines for getting a visa for entry into the United States:
- Request a letter of invitation to attend PestWorld at least four (4) months prior to the event. You must finish the registration process and payment in order to receive the visa invitation letter from NPMA.
- Apply early. The visa application process takes three to four months to complete.
- Applicants should present their entire trip itinerary, including travel to any countries other than the United States, at the time of visa application.
- If completion of travel plans is contingent upon early approval of the visa application, specify this at the time of the application.
- Provide meeting brochure and letter of invitation.
- Provide evidence that you intend to return to your country of residence; applicants should provide proof of “binding,” or sufficient, ties to their home country or permanent residence abroad. This may include documentation of the following:
- family ties in home country or country of legal permanent residence
- property ownership
- bank accounts
- an employment contract or statement from an employer stating that the position will continue after the dates of the meeting
As of September 30, 2004, all foreign visitors including VWP travelers will be fingerprinted and photographed upon arrival in the United States.